Sixkill - the last of Robert Parker's books

Sixkill (Spenser #40)Sixkill by Robert B. Parker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Parker's last completed novel---a good one. It is sad to finish my reading and rereading of all of his detective novels.

But quoting from the book:

"Ain't a lot of happy endings here," he said.

"There often aren't," I said.

And then the last words of the novel seem appropriate to Parker's life, he being also a writer of and lover of the Western:

"After the rain lifted, the world would probably seem as freshly washed as I was. The cleanliness was almost certainly illusory, or at best short-lasting. But life is mostly metaphor, anyway.

"I got in my car and drove west."

Thank you Robert Parker for creating some characters who live long after you.


View all my reviews

Comments