A joy to read---and sorrow she will write no more

No Time to Spare: Thinking About What MattersNo Time to Spare: Thinking About What Matters by Ursula K. Le Guin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How much I already miss Ursula Le Guin. Her fantasy and sci-fi novels explore what it means to be a human, to be gendered, to live with a natural world instead of against it. This collection of essays from her blog are more personal–and leave me with the illusion that I knew her or at least the wish that she had been my neighbor. Here we watch the natural world together. Here I listen to her thoughts on politics and science vs belief and find myself nodding.

Whether you are already an avid reader of Le Guin or if you are not a fan of sci-fi and fantasy, this collection is thought-provoking, full of heart and joy, and a joy to read.

View all my reviews

Comments