Review: Walking the Sunken Boards

Walking the Sunken Boards Walking the Sunken Boards by Linda Blaskey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is actually a collection by four women: Linda Blaskey, Gail Braune Comorat, Wendy Elizabeth Ingersoll and Jane C. Miller. Here are poems by four individual women, all with singular voices, but a harmony in beautiful chorus made from the disharmonies of living. Here are poems that are by turns bitter, hopeful, loving, strong--poems that reveal their individual journeys as if true to a larger mythic simplicity.

I could not want to nor will not single one of these women out for special praise. The poems are of a consistent high quality. They each make wonderful use of imagery from nature, rural life, family history. Husbands, fathers, children, friendships--that my rend or mend or both. You read and hear their truths.

I look forward to rereading the collection and hearing their voices over again.

View all my reviews

Comments