Review: Walking the Sunken Boards

Walking the Sunken Boards

Walking the Sunken Boards by Linda Blaskey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is actually a collection by four women: Linda Blaskey, Gail Braune Comorat, Wendy Elizabeth Ingersoll and Jane C. Miller. Here are poems by four individual women, all with singular voices, but a harmony in beautiful chorus made from the disharmonies of living. Here are poems that are by turns bitter, hopeful, loving, strong–poems that reveal their individual journeys as if true to a larger mythic simplicity.

I could not want to nor will not single one of these women out for special praise. The poems are of a consistent high quality. They each make wonderful use of imagery from nature, rural life, family history. Husbands, fathers, children, friendships–that my rend or mend or both. You read and hear their truths.

I look forward to rereading the collection and hearing their voices over again.

View all my reviews

Comments